Thursday, August 27, 2009

Basic Chili

This is my "basic" chili recipe. It's the one that Travis prefers...I will post my favorite chili recipe at another time...(it's alot more involved and had more ingredients). But this is the one we make most often. We usually don't make it until Fall is officially here but we both had a hankerin' for it. It's very simple and only takes a few ingredients and one pot! Gotta love those one-pot recipes!You need:
2 large cans of tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
1 can chili or red beans
1 pound hamburger meat
1 small package Williams chili seasoning (i only had the big one so I used half) you really need the Williams seasoning...it's the best I've found!

Brown hamburger meat in large pot. Add the remaining ingredients and let simmer for a few hours. Seriously that's it! I like mine with fritos and cheese and Travis likes his with crackers and cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment